Are you or is someone you know living with a long-term health condition?
If so, then you may be interested to find out more about the HSE funded Living Well Programme.
What is the Living Well Programme?
Living Well is a free, online 6–week group self-management programme for adults with long-term health conditions. A long-term health condition is one, which can be treated and managed but usually not cured. Examples include asthma, COPD, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis, heart conditions, arthritis, Crohn’s Disease and many more.
The Living Well programme supports people to develop the skills and confidence to live well with their health condition. It may also be a support for those living with long-COVID.
What is self-management?
Self-management is what a person with a long-term health condition does every day. They manage their life with their health condition(s).
- This may include making choices to improve health such as becoming more active, eating more healthily and stopping smoking. It may also include tasks such as taking medication(s)
- monitoring symptoms
- communicating with your healthcare professionals and
- coping with the emotional aspects of the condition.
What does Living Well involve?
- Living Well runs online for six weeks. There is one workshop each week lasting 2.5 hours
- Two trained leaders run the workshops. At least one of the leaders lives with a long-term health condition
- Each programme has a maximum of 12 participants.
- People taking part in the workshops may or may not have the same health condition(s)
- The workshops are delivered in a relaxed and friendly way.
Who can join the Living Well programme?
Living Well is for adults aged 18 years and over. It is suitable for those
- living with one or more long-term health conditions
- caring for someone with a long-term health condition
How to find out more information
If you would like more information on the Living Well programme in your area, Contact Aine 041 6850676/087 1140371 or Joanne 087 4308735 / 041 6860710 or www.hse.ie/livingwell