COPD Support Ireland is a charity set up to support all those living with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). We are Ireland’s only national COPD support and advocacy body, bringing together local support groups from around the country, to help those living with, and caring for someone with, COPD. We were founded in 2013 by patients working with the support of the Irish Thoracic Society, COPD National Clinical Programme, and health care professionals.
We are governed by a Board of Directors made up of people with a range of skills and expertise to support the development of the charity, including people living with COPD, health professionals and people with financial, marketing and business backgrounds. The Board is responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of COPD Support Ireland. 5 places are reserved on the board for local member COPD support groups, 5 places for allied health professionals with 5 places reserved for people with the required expertise and skills to help the organisation function effectively.
The Board also has two sub committees:
Fundraising, terms of reference can be viewed here.
Finance and Personnel Committee, terms of reference can be viewed here.
The Board of Management
President: Michael McGloin
Chairperson: Professor J.J Gilmartin
- Ann Murphy
- Michael Drohan
- Paddy Grimes
- Dr Mark O’Kelly (Irish College of General Practitioners)
- Cherry Wynne (Anail)
- Professor Tim Mc Donnell
- Dr. Declan Weldon
- Ciara Hanrahan (Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists)
- Suzanne McCormack
- Joan Johnston – National Co-Ordinator
- Wendy Conroy – Admin
We are currently establishing a health committee, terms of reference can be viewed here.
Mission & Vision
COPD Support Ireland is an advocacy and support organisation, driven by people living with COPD. Our mission is to maximise the quality of life of people living with or at risk of COPD and to support those who care for them.
That people living with COPD live the life they want to live.
- A copy of our 2016 Annual Report can be viewed here Final Report
- A copy of our 2015 Annual Report can be viewed here Final Report
Our Audited Accounts
- A copy of our 2018 audited accounts can be viewed here
- A copy of our 2017 audited accounts can be viewed here
- A copy of our 2016 audited accounts can be viewed here
- A copy of our 2015 audited accounts can be viewed here
- A copy of our 2014 audited accounts can be viewed COPD Support Ireland Audited Accounts 2014