Administration Officer Singstrong Jobs in Ireland – September 2021 | Indeed.com
Title: SingStrong Administration Officer
Organisation: COPD Support Ireland
Location: Dublin / Nationwide – Remote
Reporting to: General Manager
Duration: Twelve month, fixed term, part-time contract (18.5 hours per week). Salary: €13.50 per hour flat rate
Annual Leave: 8% of hours worked
COPD Support Ireland is a charity set up to support all those living with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). We are Ireland’s only national COPD support and advocacy body, bringing together local support groups from around the country, to help those living with, and caring for someone with, COPD. We were founded in 2013 by people living with COPD along with the support of the Irish Thoracic Society, COPD National Clinical Programme, and health care professionals. Our mission is to maximise the quality of life of people living with or at risk of COPD through support for them and those who care for them.
SingStrong is a breathing and singing intervention for people with COPD and other lung diseases.
SingStrong is a social enterprise and is governed by COPD Support Ireland.
The overall role of the SingStrong Administration Officer is to manage the day-to-day SingStrong office processes and to support the running and organisation of SingStrong classes and events. The SingStrong Information Officer will also provide administrative assistance as needed to COPD Support Ireland, including but not limited to, the provision of information to the public on local services, training courses and materials, support with the establishment of new services and promotion of same. The SingStrong Administration Officer will report directly to the General Manager of COPD Support Ireland.
The role of the SingStrong Administration Officer will include:
- Support the SingStrong Tutor by facilitating and moderating the virtual SingStrong classes
- Be responsible for logistical management and administrative support of online and in-person SingStrong classes.
- Respond to phone calls, phone messages and email enquiries.
- Update social media accounts and respond to messages.
- Support the SingStrong and COPD Support Ireland teams in promotion of relevant events.
Essential skills and attributes
- Dynamic self-starter and quick learner in a busy environment
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to take initiative
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Strong organisational and data entry skills, attention to detail is essential
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office suite with particular strengths in Excel, Word and Outlook as well as experience in social media account maintenance (facebook, twitter etc)
- Experience of video-calling platforms particularly Zoom meetings and webinars including break out rooms.
- Strong teamwork experience and demonstrated flexibility to best meet the needs of the team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience of GDPR requirements & compliance
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Experience dealing with the public and providing support and information
- Fundraising and event management experience
- Have an interest in healthcare support and advocacy
- Experience of collating and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Experience of minute taking
- Experience in the Charity/Non-profit/Social Enterprise sector
The successful applicant will be in possession of a full, clean driver’s licence and have free access to a car, mileage will be covered with prior authorisation. They will also be required to submit for Garda Vetting. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the Administration Officer may be required from time to time to perform other duties as deemed reasonable and necessary by the organisation. The post holder will be expected to use their initiative and be highly motivated.
This role is part-time, 18.5 hours/week on a 12-month fixed term contract. This role can be flexible in working hours and days but Wednesdays and Fridays 9am to 1pm are core hours and must be part of the working week. The Administration Officer may also be required from time to time to work or attend training/meetings at another location or during evenings or weekends. As much notice as is reasonably practicable will be given of any such change.
Apply here Administration Officer Singstrong Jobs in Ireland – September 2021 | Indeed.com
This post is funded by the Ignite Mid-West grant awarded by Rethink Ireland and supported by The Government of Ireland and The Dormant Accounts fund