COPD Ireland is happy to announce our support for the A. Menarini ‘Get breathless for COPD’ charity cycle, a one-of-a-kind event which will see participants cycle from Galway to Dublin over a unique and scenic route on the 10th and 11th of June 2016.
Supported by a professional crew of guides and support vehicles, the cycle will take place over two stages and includes an overnight stay in the Radisson Blu, Athlone. All proceeds from this event will go to COPD Support Ireland to support those living with COPD, and we encourage anyone interested in taking part to sign up by visiting www.give2go.ie/events<http://www.give2go.ie/events>.
Whether you are a seasoned cyclist or just getting into the sport, the “Get Breathless for COPD” cycle will challenge all participants, regardless of ability, at an appropriate level. Participants must pay €95 to enter the cycle and then raise a minimum of €200 for COPD Ireland. For each participant that meets the fund raising target, A. Menarini will make an additional donation of €100 to COPD Support Ireland.
For this entry fee of €95 you will be provided with:
- Premium “Get Breathless for COPD” jersey and jacket
- Coach transfer from Dublin to Galway (start point)
- Bike and equipment transfer from Dublin to Galway
- Professional cycle guides on bikes at 1:10 ratio (guides to participants)
- Support vehicles with professional mechanics and first AID medics
- Snacks, lunch and hydration
- Bed and breakfast in Radisson Blu, Athlone
- Welcome BBQ on arrival at Radisson Blu, Athlone
Interest in the event has been high and with places limited to only 50, early registration at his encouraged in order to avoid disappointment.